Five years of the iPhone
Inside scoop: iPhone rumors discussed and debunked
Five years ago today, at exactly 6 p.m. in each time zone, the original Apple iPhone went on sale in the United States. At the time I was outside the Apple store in downtown San Francisco witnessing tech history being made. And even though I’ve been to scores of other product launches since June 29, 2007, I can still recall the day vividly.
Editors’ note: This story was originally published on June 29, 2011, but has been updated with the iPhone 4S.
- Finally, Apple answers call for iPhone
- The iPhone: the wait is over
- The iPhone at 5: From uncertainty to runaway hit
- Remembering my first iPhone
- Five years in, the iPhone’s greatest legacy: Its apps
The sidewalk in front of the Stock… [Read more]
iPhone 5 rumor roundup
iPhone 5 to reign as leading smartphone in 2013, says analyst
Has the iPhone lost its cool factor?
Sprint’s iPhone shunned by Apple and Best Buy customers?
iPhone allegedly bound for Boost Mobile in September